On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 09:47 -0700, alok mishra wrote:
> hello everyone

Howdy.

> I am Alok Mishra, a student willing to participate in gsoc and I am
> very excited about it. I have an idea but not listed on idea page.
> I wanted to make gimp multitouch input capable application.

Multitouch (aka Multipointer X) is something that would be supported by
the X.org drivers and then accessed through various layers above that.
Here are some web sites related to it:

X.org announcement for support for Multipointer X:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2009-October/001087.html

Some GNOME work on support for multipointer X:
http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/MPX

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Pointer_X

Peter Hutterer's original site, with lots of interesting background, is
no longer available.  You might be able to get some info from the
Internet Archive for it:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080719153200/http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/

It's a cool idea, though it's more of a GTK+ project than GIMP one, I'd
imagine.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org