On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 18:04 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> > The current setup uses PostgreSQL 8.1.8 and MediaWiki 1.9.3. The PHP
> > version on this server was recently upgraded from 5.2.11 to 5.3.1.
> > Since
> > this update the gui.gimp.org wiki is down, because the MediaWiki
> > installation appears to be incompatible with this newer version of
> > PHP.
>
> so that is what happened...

Well, actually what happened is that I told you several months ago that
I can't keep the site running for much longer. I tried to keep it up and
running nevertheless, fixing things and restarting the server when
necessary. But this time the effort to bring it up again is just too
much for me. I am sorry.

> > If you are still interested in taking over, and if Peter agrees, I can
> > make the database dump and a backup of the mediawiki installation with
> > all uploaded images etc. available.
>

> yes, I do agree to getting gui.gimp.org (as-is, and under that address)
> running again a.s.a.p.

So far no-one has approached me asking for the tarball that I prepared.
Is there really no-one out there who's willing and capable to host this
simple Wiki setup?