I see the Van Gogh filter is still in gimp, even in the last git and i fear to
see it even in next 2.8

I think nobody use it, also because would be close to the impossible do
something definite with it:
not only is not clear for what is for, but even after reading its help page,
remain basically unusable as it is now because miss even the most rudimentary
preview

Much more widely used and interesting filters were removed (i.e. the freetype
plugin)
Many  third party plugin fit much more in the gimp product vision

Do you really think that the Van Gogh filters may fit in the gimp product
vision ?

In case at least fix it adding a preview, (but i think nobody will complain for
its removal )

--
photocomix (via gimpusers.com)