On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:31:40PM -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 23:22 -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> > Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > > What would it take to provide this as an online service, for people with
> > > existing scripts?
> >
> > It wouldn't take much to put it online. [...]
> >
> > It won't be able to update for all scripts
>
> Hmm, maybe we should consider providing a compatibility library then, so
> people can add one line at the start of a script?

Marc Lehmann, 1997 or 1998 -- take a look at gimp-1.0 and gimp-1.2 c plugins,
there seemed to be a huge effort by some authors to include some (i am not
certain of the wording here) CONSISTENT_ENUMS detailing plugin information
which included default settings.  There was also an effort then to include
version information -- in the date registration thingie.

there was gimp-0.60 [then not publically documented miracles] then gimp-0.9
and its pdb.  and that is the best it has ever gotten for plugins managment.

i would really really like to have some gimp source from between gimp-0.60
and gimp-0.9 -- if anyone has kept something like that around.  perhaps
federico has one on his first cellphone....

carol