On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Mukund Sivaraman <m...@banu.com> wrote:

> Hi Sourav
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:36:04AM +0530, sourav de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I am a 2nd year student of the department of Computer Science and
> > Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur ,and  I am
> > interested in the plugin for cartoonization of an image in GIMP.
>
> I gather you want to modify the cartoon plug-in in GIMP?
>
> The plug-in porting task that you have mentioned in the subject is to
> directly port GIMP plug-ins to GEGL ops.  No modification of
> functionality is necessary.  It is described here:
>

> http://gimp-wiki.who.ee/index.php?title=Hacking:GSoC_2011/Ideas#Porting_GIMP_plugins_to_GEGL_operations
>
> It is not a task of porting only 1 plug-in, but about 6-10 plug-ins per
> student.  1 plug-in is a very easy task and will not be sufficiently
> long for a full summer's work.
>
> To apply for this task, please present the items mentioned on the
> linked wiki page.
>
> ----
>
> However, if you wish to modify the cartoon plug-in, that sounds
> interesting too.  It can be a different task.  Can you describe what is
> lacking in the current approach in the GIMP plug-in?  What is the
> algorithm that you plan to use ?  You say you are doing a project on
> algorithmic art..  have you published anything on the methods you wish
> to use in this cartoon plug-in?  Are you using any other published
> works?
>
> Note that we _may_ accomodate more tasks if they are of a high quality
> and we are satisfied with how the student presents it.
>
>                Mukund

Thank you sir, for your comments, I'll come up with the presentation of
those plug-ins mentioned in the wiki page and algorithm for the
cartoonization plug-in soon.
    And for the project on algorithmic art, I took this project in my
current semester, I'll have to take the course Computer Graphics in my next
semester to complete the project. So far I haven't yet publish any paper.

--
Sourav De
2nd Year Student