2011/3/29 LightningIsMyName <lightningismyn...@gmail.com>:
> ** Re-Discussing GIMP's programming language **
> For core (non-UI), continue using GObject, use code generators (such
> as turbine) and do copy/paste/replace for existing GObject classes
> (for the rare case where the generator won't be enough).

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't attend the meeting and affect the outcome of
the discussion, but I still want to comment on it:

GObject C boilerplate is a general productivity problem not bound to
any specific kind of code, it doesn't make sense to treat core and UI
code differently.

Regarding code generators: that's basically how we will use Vala, I
don't see why e.g. turbine would be better to use for this.

Regards,
Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: