Hi all,

I just studied the GtkItemFactory code...

It seems we're doing _many_ useless translations in the menu system.
For example all calls to menus_set_sensitive() et.al. are using strings
which are marked with N_().

However it's totally sufficient to pass the untranslated (english)
text to _all_ item factory functions because GtkItemFactory uses
the translate function _only_ when creating the menu labels.

These label are never touched after creation, as the menu paths are
stored separately and untranslated.

I'm quite sure that I got the semantics of the item factory code
right. Could anyone verify this please? It could save us lots of
work and reduce the size of the po files drastically...

ciao,
--Mitch