I am currently reviewing plug-ins with "real users".

Some plug-ins apparently and annoyingly lack much needed functionality.
For instance, the PolarCoord plug-in insists on rendering into the same
image as source, with same dimensions.

So, an obvious maneuver like render a ribbon of text (say 1400x300 pixels)
then use the polar transform to make it circular does not work as
expected, since it outputs a circle of diameter 300 pixels.

It is not the only plug-in with that problem, MapObject also insists on
rendering into an image of the same size.

Either
1. I have not found the "right way" to have these plug-ins render images
of the right size. It is then very much unlikely that normal users will
find a way to do this.

2. The needed functionality is absent. I consider this to be a BUG that
needs to be fixed before 1.2 is out. It is a bug because we feature some
plug-ins that provide a functionality provided by decent painting
programs, yet this functionality lacks some fundamental setting, contrary
to the intuition of all users.

What do you think?

---
David Monniaux                    Fax: +33 1 44 32 20 80
Laboratoire d'informatique de l'École Normale Supérieure,
45 rue d'Ulm - 75230 PARIS cedex 5 - FRANCE