Marc Lehmann spontaneously blurts out:

> Hmm... sounds sensible. Unless somebody comes up with something better
> I'll start it in a week or so.
>
> My idea is to copy the full cvs tree of gimp to (lets call it gimpforge)
> and give any intersted plug-in author write access.
>
> Updates from the gimp-cvs-tree/{libgimp,app,tools...} to gimpforge should
> be automatic and regular, while updates in the other direction should be
> enabled for specific files (plug-ins/common/snoise.c) or subdirectories
> (e.g. plug-ins/perl).
>
> That will effectively implement some kind of access-model, and it will
> (hopefully) make it possible to *select* a fileset for distribution.

I guess I wasn't advocating moving the whole tree over, just the plug-ins.
I don't know anything about the GIMP development process, or the internal
intrigue that seems to surface from time to time, so I can't ascertain
whether the whole thing should move.

        -Dean Johnson
         Tool Hooligan
         Cluster Admin Tools & Jessie Project
         Silicon Graphics Inc.    Eagan,MN      (651) 683-5880

      "I am Dyslexic of Borg, Your Ass will be Laminated"    -- unknown