Hi,

> I have some experience documenting the C/C++ source of a project.  For
> the DODS project (http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/dods) I use a
> package called doc++ which is barely supported, but works well.  Doc++
> has a home page, and we support a slightly modified (i.e. debugged)
> version of it.  It creates html and LaTeX, and works well with
> hyperlatex and a set of LaTeX macros I've developed for the same
> project.  It's not as sexy and au courant as XML and DTDs, but it
> is simple and works, and creates hard copy and web output equally well.
>
> You can find more at http://top.gso.uri.edu/dods.html .  The
> documentation on that page was made with this package, and the
> programmer's ref was generated with the doc++ stuff.

Well, does it support the GTK+ object system like gtk-doc does? I guess
not and that's why I suggest that we stop discussing what tool to use
since I doubt we will find something better suited to our needs.

To explain what I mean, here are a few lines out of the README explaining
the important part:

 gtkdoc-scanobj: Creates a small C program which is compiled and run to query
                 your library about which GtkObjects it contains, the signals
                 they emit, and any Args they have. If your module has no
                 GtkObjects then you don't need to use this.

Our module contains GtkObjects, so we might come to the conclusion that we
absolutely need to use this.

Salut, Sven