On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Sven Neumann wrote:

> I also don't like the format of the localerc you proposed since it doesn't
> look like the other files in ~/.gimp-1.1. Why not use the scheme-like
> syntax people are used to use and that the gimp can parse anyway?

I agree strongly with this... there are already too many different
configuration styles; although I don't like scheme, it's consistent (and
as sven says, there are libs to handle it already)

> I'm not yet convinced that this goal is worth all the hassle. What do
> other people on this list think about this?

I think that the current quality of localization support could reasonably
considered a 'bug'. (Replying in the negative here is my way of avoiding
saying "me too" to the rest of this thread.  Whoops, said it anyway...)

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu

PS: please prune my address from your reply headers.  I *DO* subscribe to
this list.