[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2000-12-12 at 1759.56 +0100):
> > o Think about a new way to handle plug-in distribution

Install them on machines or put some kind of site to share plugins? I
hope the later, to install there are main ways, another new would be
waste, I think.

> >   As more and more plug-ins go into the main gimp distribution (and a lot
> >   of plug-ins are wating to be included), it becomes difficult to maintain
> >   them all. Core developers are busy enough with the core application and
> >   shouldn't have to fiddle with all those plug-ins. If we can think of a
> >   better model for plug-in maintainance and distribution, we should try to
> >   implement it in this branch.
>       What about using a distribution system like helix-updater (or newer
> RedCarpet)?
>       We can use a machine (i.e: plugins.gimp.org) where gimp itself (or
> gimp-udater) retrieves a xml list from(http), with all the plugins stored in the
> "system". The "system" can store a lot of precompiled plugins, with version
> numbers, priority for upgrading , etc....
>       Also a good interface for maintaners, to upload new versions is
> required and maybe a main coordinator....

And a port to the Linux kernel!

Sorry, I could not resist, but why oh why the old Law of Software
Envolopment is becoming something like a Law of Black Kore? Does code
strech when near one? Where is the Events Horizont?

IMO software instalation should be left to software instalers...
otherwise I want RedCarpet to have Layers, Channels and Paths and 8,
16 and float RGB support. ;P

GSR