On 01/15/2011 01:38 PM, Jenette wrote:
> I've been using GIMP 2.6 for around 2 months now, and my filters haven't been
> working... I've tried almost everything to make it work!
> When I click my filters tab, I only get three choices.
> Repeat Last ( Greyed out )
> Re-Show Last ( Greyed out )
> Reset all Filters
>
> I really want to use filters and make really cool art like all the people out
> there. I've tried searching for this probelm, but it seems I'm the only one
> who has this probelm..
>
> PLEASE HELP :)

1) check that you have files in your {gimp installation
directory}/2.0/plug-ins/ and {gimp installation directory}/2.0/scripts/
directories (in Linux they are in /usr/lib/gimp and /usr/share/gimp
respectively, in Windows, somewhere under c:\Program Files\gimp)
(likely, otherwise you wouldn't be able to load/saves files). You should
have about 200 files in the plugins directory.

2) erase the pluginrc and menurc files in your .gimp-2.6 directory
(~/.gimp-2.6/pluginrc in Linux, c:\Documents en
Settings\{your_id}\.gimp-2.6\pluginrc in WinXP and somewhere equivalent
in Vista/W7) and restart Gimp, they should be rebuilt. In a normal gimp
installation, pluginrc is several thousands lines and lists close to 200
plugins, menurc is around  a thousand lines.