On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Ofnuts <ofn...@laposte.net> wrote:

>  On 01/21/2011 04:30 PM, Mike Williams wrote:
>

>>  Would someone please post the differences between page3.eps and
> page3b.eps?
>
> diff page3.eps page3b.eps
>
> 2c2
>
> < %%BoundingBox: -1 -1 234 234
> ---
> > %%BoundingBox: 0 0 500 500
> 17c17
> < 0.47166 0.47166 scale
> ---
> > 1 1 scale

I played with this a bit with ghostscript after gettting the changes for
page3b.eps

It turned out that my problem was the command line parameters for
ghostscript were overriding what was in the eps file.  After I got that
sorted out I noticed that the horizontal lines of the outer border were
thinner that the vertical lines.  I think was due to using a single number
for -r and not having square pixels.

http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b12.png

One more change to the command line args fixed that problem, at least on my
screen.

gs -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pngmono -r91.8456X97.5238
-dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=500 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=500  -sOutputFile=$2.png $1.eps

http://watson.bio.whe.umb.edu/images/page3b13.png

Mike