* renat <for...@gimpusers.com> [04-19-15 05:26]:
> >scanned images are going pixelated
> Faced the very same (or similar?) problem while trying to resize photos made
> by
> digital camera. Very similar "grids" appear on nearly-flat surfaces with a bit
> of noise (like on sky). Surprisingly, faced the very same grids not only in
> GIMP, but in some other programs as well (in Image Viewer in Ubuntu 14.04, for
> example), so there may be a problem with underlying library (GTK?), not with
> GIMP itself.
> Here is an full-size example image:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nZFc31UFnoNUVTcGpoUHFSbm8/view?usp=sharing
> And it's resize (width 1920 px) - grid is easily visible:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nZFc31UFnoT1ZvM0xxQW8xSU0/view?usp=sharing
> Tests were performend with gimp 2.8.10-0ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 14.04, and with gimp
> 2.8.14 on Windows 7 Home.
>
> Attachments:
> *
> http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/195/original/gimp-ubuntu-scaled.png

DL'l your "original" and viewed on openSUSE Tumbleweed in geeqie, gimp and
imagemagick (display) and do not see the "grids" even after pushing to
200%.  Scaling "method" appeared to make no difference, nor did
resolution.  My installed gimp package is from openSUSE Build Serice.

kde4 4.14.6
gtk3 3.16.0
gimp 2.8.14