From: Pete Wright [mailto:pnwri...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:06 PM
To: Shlomi Fish
Cc: Jeff Weidemoyer; Gimp
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Attn: GIMP

Okay, I'll bite. Why 24 years? That might be about right for me, since I am
75.

Keep your horizons long!

Now I am off to listen to the music....

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org>
wrote:

Hi Jeff,

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:30:29 -0500
"Jeff Weidemoyer" <jeffweidemo...@adponemansjourney.com> wrote:

> Attn: GIMP,
>

> Firstly, I apologize if this was not the correct email contact. I did not
> see a better email contact provided in regards to my email content.
>

> I am a solo musician / songwriter from Lebanon, PA, USA, and I wish to
thank
> you all for being such an important influence to me as I look to continue
> the journey I have started with my creative project. I wouldn't have been
> able to create my EP without your great product.  I have been using GIMP
for
> nearly four years, and I have created every single logo I have to my name
> using your product. They say that the best things in life are free, and
with
> everything your product offers, I believe Audacity is one of those
"things"
> that statement is referring to. Admittedly, your product as well as
> Audacity, are  two of the best free software programs available for any
> creative person as far as I am concerned.  All of the album artwork, as
well
> as marketing materials I made to support the EP was made utilizing GIMP.

I'm glad you like GIMP and found it useful. I believe the GIMP developers
will appreciate a donation, but, naturally, you are not obligated to make
one.

Good luck, and Happy New Year!

> I plan to release a third EP, and 24 full-length albums over the next 24
> years of my creative career. Unless any unforeseen circumstances come up,
> plan to continue using your products throughout the entirety of my musical
> career. I hope I can help to bring even more pride and respect to your
> already reputable brand through my music.
>

> http://adponemansjourney.bandcamp.com (Free instant-download)

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the album (without paying) and I am going
listen to it. If I like it enough, then I may make a donation.

Regards,

        -- Shlomi Fish (a GIMP contributor and coder, but certainly not a
core
developer).