>Good morning!
>
>I am working on a project where I have to bring in about 40 different
>layers into this project. As I bring them in, I need to put them into
>position, by rotating them at different  angles, while they are still
>in the scale mode. Apparently, such an action is not allowed. I'm
>finding one either rotates them before one scales, or one can't rotate
>after one scales. I could always rotate them before hand, but what
>good would that do. Due to the fact I don't know what correct angle
>there supposed to be at until they are shrunk.
>
>My question is, "can a person manipulate an object by rotating it,
>while in the "scale" mode. And if so "how"? If someone could get back
>ASAP, I would appreciate it, cause I'm currently working on the
>project now! Thanks!

I could be wrong but I do not think there is a script or plugin that will let
you scale and rotate at the same time in Gimp 2.8 in real time.

You could use the measure tool and record the length/angle between two points
for use in the scale/rotate dialogues.

Otherwise you might have to wait for Gimp 2.10 or try out 2.9.5 dev version

For Gimp 2.9.5 Windows try www.partha.com and for linux 'buntu & derivatives
there is a ppa. OSX ?

This is diving straight in, there is probably a better way of using the handle
transform tool but it is all in one go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5LdgNLE-o  all of 1 min 30 secs

rich:www.gimp-forum.net

--