>I am new to photo editing. When I open a TIF file in GIMP created by
>Canon's Digital Photo Professional, I find that there are two pages
>that can be opened as either two images or as layers. When opened as
>layers, Page 1 is shown as a very small copy of the other Page and
>appears in the upper left-hand corner. What is Page 1, and what do I
>do with it?
>
>BillyT

It is an embedded thumbnail image, used by some image management applications to
save loading that monster main image. Speeds navigation up.

Ignore it. If you have it as a layer, you can safely delete the layer. Otherwise
do not open in the beginning. You can select the 'page' to use in the Gimp tif
import dialogue.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)