> I doubt you've ever tried doing a selection rectangle to that size and

> getting it exactly the right size and boundaries. It is a very slow and

> fiddly operation.

Not necessarily, but as Liam pointed out there are various ways to reduce the
fiddle factor:  in the rectangle select's tool options you can specify a fixed
size (width and height) so that you only have to worry about its positioning.
You can set guides at the precise locations you need them so the selection
rectangle can snap to them, and if all else fails you can fine-tune the
position manually in the tool options, too.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com

--
BWK (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)