On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 08:39:25PM +0000, Ben Oliver via gimp-user-list wrote:
> On 18-11-06 14:48:02, Steve Kinney wrote:
> >

> > I don't think the list is moderated; I've never heard it mentioned, and
> > my own posts usually show up within a minute or two.
>
> I only say this because I actually asked the same question a while back and
> got this answer:
>
> > Some people post to this list without subscribing. This means the
> > mailing list administrator has to manually approve them. He does so
> > when he has time, so some messages are days old indeed.

Yesterday there was a spate of posts from gimpusers.com, the
earliest from mid-october.  And no, it was not a reposting of
everything.  I can notice this because I list my mailboxes in
date-sent order.

We are subscribed, so we don't need a moderator to have the time to
take pity on our posts.  But any post via that forum is effectively
from a non-subscriber, even if the forum itself might be subscribed.

ĸen
--
                        Is it about a bicycle ?