On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 09:50:05AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf via gimp-user-list wrote:
> On Sun, 2022-10-23 at 23:20 -0400, SDA via gimp-user-list wrote:
> > Why splinter up the user lists?
>
> You need to ask this question the powers that be who are associated
> withe the GNOME foundation.
>
> > You do realize that its where the experts go
> > that is important, not you the user who needs the help!
> >
> > Crazy how you folks over react as if the sky is falling. Discourse is great
> > for user support and it doesn't work well as an email subscriber list. I
> > read the emails from Discourse, but if I want to reply I just click the
> > link
> > in the email and respond directly on discourse. It's not like web forums of
> > old.
>
> We are not only "users" who need "help" from "experts" on the GNOME
> mailing lists. Some of us are "experts", who aren't associated withe the
> GNOME foundation.

Well I'm an old fart 71 years of age and If I can deal with discourse I'm
sure you can. BTW it's far more efficient than email is for this type of
list. Believe me I like email and loved nntp before that, but like another
poster mentioned, a lot of do about nothing!! Change is inevitable. I highly
suspect that the experts that know GIMP well, like offnuts etc., will be on
the Discourse list. So that's where I'll be.

I don't like the old type of web forum, but Discourse is extremely good and
I wasn't sure I'd like it, when Gnome moved over several years back. But I
had to eat my words and found it to be better than email, and I'm more
comfortable in a term than a Goey!

Whatever, some people just can't handle change. Pussies! :-) jkg!