Kalle Ounapuu wrote:
When I create a new transparent layer I can't seem to paint on it with the Paintbrush.
When filling the layer with color (fill tool), now I am able to use the Paintbrush.
Do I have to do something after creating a new transparent layer to be able to Paint on the transparency with the paint brush?
Thanks,
Kalle

Please look in the "layer, channels and paths"dock, layer section.
At the right of the "Mode" dropdown widget, there is a "checkbox" next to a checkeboard icon. The tooltip says "keep transparency". When it is check, paintbrush, pen or fill tools cannot paint on parts of the layer that are transparent. If you uncheck the box, all tools can paint everywhere on the layer.

Best regards,

Olivier.