On Wed 12-Oct-2005 at 19:00 +0100, Orlando Figueiredo wrote:

I went to Dave Coffin's home page <http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/> and I checked the list and the eos350d is there. So I am confused and do not know what the next step is?

Ok, I was having trouble with the old FC4 dcraw RPM too, so I've rebuilt a fresh one:

 http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/apt/fedora/linux/4/i386/RPMS.panorama/

This is the command-line tool *not* the urfaw gimp plugin, so you need to use it in a shell like so:

 dcraw -w /path/to/myphoto.cr2

It will create an 8bit per channel ppm image in the same folder as the original, you can then open this with the gimp.

If you want to make use of the higher dynamic range of the RAW image, dcraw can output a 16bit per channel ppm instead. Though if you want to edit it you have to use cinepaint or wait for the gimp developers to finish GEGL.

--
Bruno