On 06/21/2010 05:31 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Ken Warner wrote:
>> Is it still being worked on?  If so, is there any word
>> on availability?
>
> "When it's ready" is the best you can get :)

There is more to say.

Right now the top priority is to get GIMP 2.8 released. The current goal
is late 2010. GIMP 2.8 does not have support for high bit depths.

Once GIMP 2.8 is out, we will start phasing out the legacy
8-bit-per-channel code and replace it with GEGL. In other words, we will
start for real to introduce support for high bit depths in GIMP. There
is no schedule of this work, so a date cannot be given. It is reasonable
though to expect this work to go on for say 2-4 years.

Regards,
Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: