Maybe I should clarify.  I am aware that both gif and png provide
transparency.  My understanding is that (maybe the wrong terminology..)
png transparency is a much finer resolution then that if gif.  So the
question is, is it possible to create a png image that uses the same
transparency 'resolution' as a gif?

Hope that makes sense.  I've got little (any?) understanding of how
transparency is implemented in either of these formats.

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microsoft != Innovation