Arcady Genkin wrote:

> "Carl B. Constantine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Baloney. I take screenshots with the gimp all the time and all I use is
> > 16-bit because of OpenGL games which require it. It must be something else,
> > what? I don't know.
>
> The fact remains, though.  Switching color depth solved my problem.

I'm running 16-bit as well with no problems with screen captures.  How
much memory does your video card have?  What are you running your
desktop at?  Might you be running out of video memory?

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein