On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:08:44AM -0500, Gunter Vanasse -- ACE Web Engineer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thx. That rings a bell ... the installed Perl is an included binary package.
> I haven't noticed any instructions on how to point the build to another Perl.
> What would be the recommended way to do this? Modify 'config.status'?

put it in your PATH first, or try

PERL=/my/perl/binary ./configure

(which should work, but I haven't tested it)

You cna also build perl manually

cd plug-ins/perl
/my/perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

AFTER you compiled && installed gimp with --disable-perl.

> As an aside ... is the list no longer hosted on egroups?

"the" list? I severly hope gimp never uses any broken egroups list :( (the
gtk-win32 list, I found out a few days ago, is on egroups, however)