Greetings,

First, let me thank Marc and Garry for their input.

Of course, the replies beg the question ... is there any "reliable" archive for
gimp-user?

I recall GIMP 1.0.4 adjusting the window size (up to a maximum that did not
exceed the size of the desktop) when zooming into an image. GIMP 1.2.0 now zooms
into the image without adjusting the window size. In particular, I thought it
was really convenient if I zoomed a small image to 2x, 3x or 4x that the window
would adjust to the image boundary. Is this a "feature" which can be toggled on?

Thx,
Günter.