On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:30:58PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Does anybody know the meaning of either of these compiler errors
> when compiling gimp-1.2.0 on Sparc/Solaris 7?
>
> "/usr/local/include/glib.h", line 1328: va_start: argument mismatch
> "Lib.xs", line 346: undefined control

Interesting. Lib.xs has this in line 346:

#error You need to compile with an ansi-c compiler!!!

> I guess my real question is: Is it possible to get a successful
> compile on this platform?  I have been trying since the earliest

Which compiler(s) are you using? Remember that you need to use the same
compiler for perl and glib and gtk+ and gimp. AFAIK solaris ships with
a non-ansi compiler only able to compile part of the kernel and nothing
more.