If this has already been well discussed, I beg pardon for the redundancy....

I get the idea that it is possible to have more than one version of the gimp
installed at the same time.  If one has .gimp, .gimp-1.1, and .gimp-1.2 in
their home directory, as I have, and finding the same thing elsewhere in
/usr/*, it suggests that it would be relatively easy to have more than one
version installed at the same time, providing that there are not more than
one patch level of each version.

Is this so?  I might like to keep the 1.2 as a 'user' and try my hand with
the 1.3 when it starts coming out.  If this is possible, I would like to
know how to set this up successfully!

Thanks in advance.

Bill Tallman