Hi Peter and Rodrigo,

haven't seen this on my end but I'm helping a customer facing the same issue. Peter, thanks a lot for that reference. We may create a hotfix or hurry up the next minor version to fix this once we've fixed it in master/mainline.

cheers,
Thomas

On 10/30/2012 09:18 PM, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:

I stumbled upon the same problem the other day when I migrated our server. I have created a merge request https://gitorious.org/gitorious/mainline/merge_requests/220 that should fix the migration (once the MR is completely created, which is taking unusually long...) Otherwise you can find the actual change in my clone of Gitorious here: https://gitorious.org/~saur/gitorious/saurs-mainline/commit/edaebc8129c851b574573041a1e6817c61c1f0b2 <https://gitorious.org/%7Esaur/gitorious/saurs-mainline/commit/edaebc8129c851b574573041a1e6817c61c1f0b2>

The problem for you, however, is that you will have to revert the part of the failed migration that actually took place before you can apply the corrected version (unless you can revert using backups). You will have to remove the content_type column from the project_memberships table.

//Peter

*From:*gitorious@googlegroups.com [mailto:gitorious@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Rodrig Lima
*Sent:* 30 October 2012 14:03
*To:* gitorious@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* [gitorious] rake db:migrate error

Hi all,

This is my error:

git@maverick:~$ pwd

/var/www/gitorious

git@maverick:~$ bundle exec rake db:migrate

.

== AddProjectMemberships: migrating ==========================================

-- create_table(:project_memberships)

   -> 0.0043s

-- add_index(:project_memberships, [:project_id, :member_id, :member_type], {:name=>"project_memberships_index"})

   -> 0.0062s

== AddProjectMemberships: migrated (0.0110s) =================================

== MakeProjectMembershipPolymorphicOnSubject: migrating ======================

-- add_column(:project_memberships, :content_type, :string)

   -> 0.0062s

rake aborted!

An error has occurred, all later migrations canceled:

Mysql::Error: Table 'gitorious_production.content_memberships' doesn't exist: SELECT * FROM `content_memberships`

*with --trace*

*git@maverick:~$ bundle exec rake db:migrate --trace*

*(in /var/www/gitorious)*

*** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)*

*** Invoke environment (first_time)*

*** Execute environment*

*** Execute db:migrate*

*== MakeProjectMembershipPolymorphicOnSubject: migrating ======================*

*-- add_column(:project_memberships, :content_type, :string)*

*rake aborted!*

*An error has occurred, all later migrations canceled:*

**

*Mysql::Error: Duplicate column name 'content_type': ALTER TABLE `project_memberships` ADD `content_type` varchar(255)*

**

I'm following this steps: http://gitorious.org/gitorious/pages/DebianSqueezeInstallation

How can I fix it?

best regards,