On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 07:54:50AM -0800, Jonathan wrote:
> I just installed a new gitorious server. From inside the LAN I'm able to
> pull\push without a problem. However from outside the LAN I get:
>
> == Gitorious: ==========================================================
> > fatal error
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>

> I found the following error in `gitorious_auth.log`:
>
> FATAL -- : NoMethodError private method `gsub!' called for nil:NilClass:
> > /opt/bitnami/apps/gitorious/htdocs/script/../lib/gitorious/ssh/client.rb:34:in
> > `initialize'
>

> What does it mean and how can I fix it? How come it occurs only from
> remote access?

Jonathan,
The error you're seeing appears caused by the "strainer" Gitorious uses to
restrict which commands you're allowed to run over SSH not being set
up correctly. It uses OpenSSH's SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND environment
variable apparently not being set correctly.

When you mention that you connect from outside the LAN, I assume
you're using a different IP address than when connecting locally? Are
you running more than one SSH daemon? Does it work if you try
connecting to the external IP address on the same network?

Cheers,
- Marius