A few months back we started using the Git flow branching model for
Gitorious. For the most part, we've been happy with this decision,
except for one thing, which we have decided to change.

In our interpretation of git flow, the only way for a feature to arrive
in the master (stable, deployable) branch has been in the form of new
releases. As we fix bugs in Gitorious, having to roll a new release in
order to deploy a bugfix to gitorious.org has proved to involve too much
bureaucracy. Because of this we have decided to diverge from (our
understanding of git-flow):

- master should still be considered to be fully deployable and stable
- bug fixes will be merged into master before they're deployed to
  gitorious.org
- new releases are still rolled from master regularly

This means that whatever is in master is what's running on
gitorious.org. We will still roll new releases as critical issues are
resolved in mainline, including security fixes.

Cheers,
- Marius