jer...@cldstr.com writes:
> How stable is V3.0 / next? Any idea when it will be stable enough to run
> real projects with?

Johannes,
It's been a while :-)

I don't remember if we've communicated this earlier, but we made some
changes to our original plan. Our original plan was to first launch 3.0,
basically with no new features but based on Rails 3.x (current), and
after that launch a new code browser, a feature which required us to
upgrade our dependencies to Rails 3.

After quite a lot of struggling to make the new code browser work
asyncronously within Rails we decided to:
- make the code browser synchronous (simply too painful to run an async
  Rack app within Rails)
- include the new code browser in Gitorious 3

After all, releasing a new major version practically without any new
user-facing features doesn't make a lot of sense.

There are currently a few other tasks blocking :-) item #1 on the list,
but we hope to get there soon(ish).

That being said, we've been running the next branch of Gitorious (which
is what was meant to become 3.0) without any showstoppers on our
internal server for quite a while, and we promise to help with any
issues you may find in doing the same. But we'll be saving the 3.0 label
for the new code browser.

Cheers,
- Marius