Thomas Jackson writes:

> I have a self hosted install of gitorious and nginx keeps returning a Bad
> Gateway.  I used the ce-installer to install gitorious.

Thomas,
Did you use the installer/virtual appliance for your server? In that
case, there's a script called gitorious_status (in
/usr/bin/gitorious_status) that you should use rather than the rake
task. Since the virtual appliance/CE editition has a predictable setup
with regard to pid files etc., this script can make assumptions the rake
task can't (one example is the "poller is up" line from the rake task,
which doesn't account for the current messaging setup).

> When I try to start the poller here is the result:

Still assuming you're using the CE edition, you shouldn't use the poller
script. Your server will be set up with an Upstart job controlling the
message queue consumer.

The bad gateway error, however, looks more like an issue with your Unicorn
(web app) processes. Try running `restart_gitorious`; this will restart
all the Gitorious services.

Cheers,
- Marius