As most of you have probably already heard, Powow AS has aquired
Gitorious:

  http://blog.gitorious.org/2013/08/20/powow-as-acquires-gitorious-as/

In the short term, Thomas, Christian and I will be working with the
Powow team during a transitional period, but eventually they will take
on all our current responsabilities. I'm confident that Gitorious will
be getting more attention than it gets today, with more people involved.

There's a presentation of the team in the blog post referenced above,
and you'll se that the new team is bigger than the current one, which is
good news for Gitorious as an OSS project. The new team also has a
designer, which should be really good news for the UI/UX aspects of
Gitorious.

Apart from the new faces, things should be business as usual. We're
planning to deploy Gitorious 3.0 to gitorious.org the coming Monday,
which means the current situation with two parallel versions of
Gitorious is about to come to an end. 3.0 resolves a lot of issues we've
been having with Gitorious, so this should be good news for
everyone. I'm really happy with the new code browser in 3.0, and the
fact that READMEs are rendered for repositories.

Issues should be added to the issue tracker
(https://issues.gitorious.org/), which also has a roadmap
(https://issues.gitorious.org/projects/gitorious/roadmap) for the
planned releases of Gitorious. Merge requests are welcome, as
always. The new team is already active on the issue tracker.

We're currently working on having the community installer support
Gitorious 3.0, we will not consider 3.0 released until there's a
supported installer for 3.0.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank all of you for the work you have
all been doing in suggesting features, reporting and resolving bugs,
using Gitorious and helping it become the successful open source project
it is today. Having a mature free software alternative for Git hosting
is no less important in today's society than it was when Johan Sørensen
started the project six years ago.

Finally, I'd like you to join me in welcoming the new team. Marcin Kulik
is the new tech lead for the Gitorious project, have a look at his pet
project http://ascii.io/ to get an idea of the kind of stuff he's done
before. He and the rest of the team will be active on
#gitorious@freenode, @gitorious on Twitter, the issue tracker and here
on the mailing list.

Thanks,
- Marius