Hi all,
While not newbie to git am a newbie to the ssh protocol and ways. I
did a clone of a repo. and it now resides at :-

https://gitorious.org/minidebconfindia/shirishag75s-2014-mirror

There's nothing in the repository except a folder/directory and an
index.shtml file

I tried to download it from remote to my local machine and it
gloriously failed :-

$ git clone
ssh://g...@gitorious.org:minidebconfindia/shirishag75s-2014-mirror.git
Cloning into 'shirishag75s-2014-mirror'...

== Gitorious: ==========================================================
fatal error

and the repository exists.

So please let me know why it failed. Either the command was not
correct or some other error.

I know that in the ~/.ssh folder/directory there are three files,
id_rsa (private key) , id_rsa.pub (the public key which I uploaded to
gitorious my profile) and known_hosts (this bit is unknown to me).

Looking forward to help.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल