On 10/25/05, Lie Njie asked:
> My question: I'm curious if anyone on this list has any contacts or
> experience with commercial vendors of Microsoft Windows-based software
> that are willing or interested in donating licenses to institutions in
> developing nations such as the UTG and the various elementary and
> secondary schools here lucky enough to have any computing resources.

When Goa volunteers contacted Microsoft in the late 1990s, they weren't
interested in talking. When they realised that FLOSS (Free/Libre and Open
Source Software) was making quick inroads here, they brought in the gift
horse post haste.

And I'm not suggesting you have a FLOSS movement just to bring down
Microsoft's (unreasonable) prices.  - FN

Frederick 'FN' Noronha      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Co-Founder, BytesForAll.org | http://fn.swiki.net
Goa, India                  | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9822122436