Patrick,

I am unaware of any report that meets the criteria you have inquired
about and I believe what you are asking for is more than can be answered
in an email not to mention beyond the scope of this list. However, if
you would like to contact me off-list to discuss this further I would be
glad to assist you.

Assuming you can be assured of LOS and your distances will remain under
10km there are several solutions that might fit your needs. One source
that I can refer you to (off the top of my head) would be the
"BottleNet" project run by Geek Corps in Mali. It is my understanding
that they have driven cost down to roughly $40 (US) per installation
plus whatever cost allowances you would have to factor in for
alternative power technology.
<http://mali.geekcorps.org/article.php3?id_article=115>

Respectfully,

Ken DiPietro
Wireless without compromise

On 2/27/06, Patrick O'Beirne wrote:

> What I would really like now is any comparative analysis of the
> different technologies available and their actual costs when implemented
> in remote regions, and any comments on their reliability based on
> experience. Ideally this would be freely available from a development
> organisation, but I would also like to know of any reports from
> commercial research analysts.

..snip...