Dear Colleagues,

After giving this some serious consideration I have decided to provide a
few possibly off-topic studies that seem to show dramatic changes in the
way society deals with government when a reasonable ICT infrastructure
in put in place. Please note - The following studies are all based on
experiences here in the United States but I believe the same results
could be expected anywhere this type of connectivity is put in place.

As quoted from the report I have linked to below,
"75 million Americans used the Internet in the last campaign to get
political news and information, discuss candidates and debate issues in
emails, or participate directly in the political process by volunteering
or giving contributions to candidates."

This report can be found here:
http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/150/report_display.asp

As quoted from the report I have linked to below,
"The July 2003 survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project shows
that 97 million adult Americans, or 77% of Internet users, took
advantage of e-gov in 2003, whether that meant going to government Web
sites or emailing government officials. This represented a growth of 50%
from 2002. At the same time, citizens who contact government said they
are more likely to turn to traditional means - either the telephone or
in-person visits - rather than the Web or email to deal with government.
Of the 54% of Americans who contacted government in the past year, the
telephone or in-person visits were preferred to the Web or email by a
53% to 37% margin."

This report can be found here:
http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/128/report_display.asp

As quoted from the study I have linked to below,
"As wired Americans increasingly go online for political news and
commentary, we find that the Internet is contributing to a wider
awareness of political views during this year's campaign season."

This report can be found here:
http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/141/report_display.asp

I would also like to offer one more report (again, if this is completely
off-topic I apologize) that I feel is very important. This report deals
with the measurable effect ICT can have on raising the poverty level
when implemented correctly.

http://www.muniwireless.com/reports/docs/CivitiumPEC.pdf

I sincerely hope you find this information useful.

Respectfully,

Ken DiPietro
New-ISP
NextGenCommunications