Simon Marlow wrote:

There are some outstanding issues on Sparc/Solaris ...

the build process seemed to complete, last commands were

echo '#!/bin/sh' >>stage2/ghc-inplace
echo exec /home/waldmann/software/ghc-6.4/ghc/compiler/stage2/ghc-6.4 '-B/home/waldmann/software/ghc-6.4' '"$@"' >>stage2/ghc-inplace
chmod 755 stage2/ghc-inplace
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/waldmann/software/ghc-6.4/ghc/compiler'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/waldmann/software/ghc-6.4'

but during this compilation (of the bootstrapped compiler),
for each file there is a message

Warning: retaining unknown function `getpwuid_r' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `getpwnam_r' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `getgrgid_r' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `getgrnam_r' in output from C compiler

Then, when I build my application's library (via runhaskell Setup.hs build), it compiles a lot of files (with the above warning for each of them) but finally dies with

Compiling Autolib.Boxing.Position ( ./Autolib/Boxing/Position.hs, dist/build/./Autolib/Boxing/Position.o )
*** Exception: waitForProcess: interrupted (Interrupted system call)

this being a repeatable error. (I checked that it can compile simple
"Hello World" programs - no problems.) (ah yes, I am using gcc-2.95.2,
and   uname -a =  SunOS aaron 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc )

--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------