Hi,

I had the same problem. I'm using the dblatex (version 0.2.10) from macports (on OS X 10.5.7), which isn't the latest version of dblatex. Also I'm using the MacTex 2008 Tex distribution, but I have no idea what the particular versions of the url or hyperref package are. Anyhow, I solved this particular problem by changing the style sheets in my dblatex install. I found them under: /usr/local/share/dblatex/xsl

In the 'url.xsl' stylesheet I replaced the nolinkurl template with the following:

<xsl:template name="nolinkurl">
  <xsl:param name="url" select="@url"/>
  <xsl:text>\protect\nolinkurl{</xsl:text>
  <xsl:call-template name="scape-encode">
    <xsl:with-param name="string">
      <xsl:call-template name="scape-replace">
        <xsl:with-param name="string" select="$url"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="from" select="'\'"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="to" select="'\\'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:with-param>
  </xsl:call-template>
  <xsl:text>}</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

So yeah, basically it is a mechanization of your manual solution. Maybe you should bring this up with the dblatex folks? They have this bug report on it [1], but the appearently they could not reproduce it with 0.2.11. I can't verify if it is indeed solved with 0.2.11 and onwards, and have no intention of doing so as I'm satisfied with my current solution. Hope this helps you for now.

Regards,

Christiaan

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2028163&group_id=72607&atid=535062