That computer problem I was mentioning earlier has gotten me stumped and
since it it prevents me from compiling anything maybe someone here may
know how to fix it. Whenever I compile a program (like glob2) I recieve
the following error message:

/usr/include/stdio.h:30: error: expected constructor, destructor, or
type conversion before ‘extern’
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.1/../../../../include/c
++/4.1.1/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected declaration
before end of line

I haven't made any major changes to my system recently and have
successfully compiled glob2 a number of times before without any issues
similar to this. It states something is wrong with my stdio.h near line
30 and gthr.h near line 33 files however stdio.h is part of the standard
c library and I find it odd something would be wrong with it. I took a
look at my stdio.h and I don't see anything obviously wrong but here is
a copy of those lines:

26#if !defined __need_FILE && !defined __need___FILE
27# define _STDIO_H     1
28# include <features.h>
29
30__BEGIN_DECLS
31
32# define __need_size_t
33# define __need_NULL
34# include <stddef.h>

and here is a copy of the lines from gthr.h:

29#ifndef _GLIBCXX_GCC_GTHR_H
30#define _GLIBCXX_GCC_GTHR_H
31
32#ifndef _GLIBCXX_HIDE_EXPORTS
33#pragma GCC visibility push(default)
34#endif

If anyone can tell me what is wrong or have suggestions for other things
to look at not directly related to these two files I would appreciate
it.

--
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on
believing in windmills.