On 07/03/2013 11:25 AM, Kurian Thayil wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
Ben Turner <btur...@redhat.com> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurian Thayil" <kur...@gnuhack.com>
To: "Bobby Jacob" <bobby.ja...@alshaya.com>
Cc: gluster-users@gluster.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:08:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Recommended filesystem for GlusterFS
bricks.

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:52:14 +0000
Bobby Jacob <bobby.ja...@alshaya.com> wrote:

Hi,

Which is the recommended filesystem to be used for the bricks in
glusterFS. ?? XFS/EXT3/EXT4 etc .????

Thanks & Regards,

Bobby Jacob
Senior Technical Systems Engineer | eGroup
P SAVE TREES. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.

XFS is recommended for bricks.

Be sure to set the inode size to 512 to allow enough room for
glusterfs's xattrs:

mkfs.xfs -i size=512 <my block device>

-b

Regards,
K.

Hmm.. Something which I didn't do when builing the cluster :(

Is there any other way other than mkfs.xfs paritition to
change this attribute?

currently xfs_bmap gives the floowing

xfs_bmap -a index.html
index.html:
        0: [0..7]: 616184..616191

No, but I wouldn't worry about it. The latest results from our performance engineering team show that the default values are generally the best choice.

OTOH, you should mount with inode64 mount option.

--

Kaleb