On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Sandro Santilli <s...@keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 08:48:47PM +0530, George Thomas wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Sandro Santilli <s...@keybit.net>
> wrote:

> and
> classes
> > > in

> > > complete.
> > >
> > > You can see NetConnection.as and NetStream.as in
> > > testsuite/actionscript.all/
> > > Known failures are encoded with xcheck and xcheck_equals.
> > > If you handle to fix the code you'll get XPASS lines when you run
> > > the resulting *.swf files with gprocessor or gnash -v.
> > >

> > xcheck and xcheck_equals are absent in NetConnection.as
> > Does this mean NetConnection is complete ?
>
> It probably means the file needs more tests :)
>

> Found only a line  with xfail in this. Is this ok to be a failure or
> should
> > this be fixed ?
> >
> > // test the NetConnection::connect method
> >
> > if ( ! tmp.connect("rtmp://
> > www.mediacollege.com/flash/media-player/testclip-4sec.flv") )
> >
> > {
> >         // FIXME: this would fail in the reference player too...
> >
> >         xfail("NetConnection::connect() didn't initialize correctly");
>
> I think that failure is due to cross-domain configuration.
> If you know of a way to make that succeed with the proprietary player
> it'll be worth updating the testcase. We should NOT expect to behave
> in a different way from the reference player.
>
> In any case note that RTMP support is NOT implemented in Gnash.
> It's not minor work, but you're welcome if you want to give it a try.

This was one thing me and a friend of mine attempted 3 years back (email-id
was different then) when we were in college. I would certainly love to try
and get on it right again.

Would love to know where to and how to start again on it.

> > I was able to find a lot of opportunities (xchecks) in NetStream.as
>
> I think it's easier to start there.

I have attached a patch which looks to be converting the xchecks to xpasses.

Case before

7276:1] 474 TRACE: #passed: 38
7276:1] 477 TRACE: #failed: 0
7276:1] 480 TRACE: #expected failures: 22
7276:1] 483 TRACE: #total tests run: 60

After applying patch
11916:1] 433 TRACE: #passed: 38
11916:1] 433 TRACE: #failed: 0
11916:1] 434 TRACE: #unexpected successes: 22
11916:1] 435 TRACE: #total tests run: 60

Changelog For the patch if found fair :

2013-02-23  George Thomas <georgethomas....@gmail.com>

        * libcore/asobj/NetStream_as.cpp:
        * Added the handler for prototype in NetStream class
        * Removed class specific initialisation of properties.

PS : Hope this place is Ok to send the patch.