In a message dated: 20 Aug 2002 07:34:27 EDT
"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:

>Hi All,
>
>Can the 2GB file size limit be changed? I need to store about 10GB worth
>of data in a single file, but it dies at 2GB.

I don't know if ext2 supports "big files".  I think you need to turn
something on in the kernel somewhere too.

I was doing this with XFS on my amanda server at MCL and storing
files between 3-6GB at the time.  XFS is specifically designed to
deal with large files (SGI, movie-making, yadda, yadda, yadda)
as opposed to ReiserFS which was specifically designed to deal with
lots and lots of small files.

I'd try out XFS, recompile your kernel, and go from there.  It can
definitely be done.
--

Seeya,
Paul