On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:07:23AM -0400, Kevin D. Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Another possibility is to use enums, i.e.:

enum { BUFSIZE=512 };

char arr[BUFSIZE];

I use this frequently, and I recommend this.

One advantage of enum's is that symbolic debuggers can display the symbolic name, instead of just the numeric value, if the data type is right. We do this in the HP-UX kernel. It even works with bit flags. It's nice when debugging.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>