On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 10:04 AM, Cole Tuininga wrote:

I would have imagined that with css (using inline style sheet defs), I
would simply do this:

    .
    .

This works just ducky in Netscape 4.7x, but not my current version of
mozilla.  Does anybody know what I need to do instead?  I don't want to
static position the table, I would like it to be centered.

This problem has plagued me, I have solved it, and then I have forgotten how I solved it and had it plague me again.

I am pretty sure that the workaround* is to use

  .
  .
  .

But YMMV since I can't remember for sure. text-align only applies to text.

Erik

* I find it ironic that workarounds in CSS are sometimes necessary, since one of the reasons people sometimes use CSS is to avoid misusing tables for composing a design in HTML, which was itself a workaround for the limitations of HTML.....