On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:02:59PM -0400, Derek Doucette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just came upon a hp omnibook with a broken lcd. I helped the guy get
the data off of the drive and he let me keep the laptop. When pulling
the drive from the laptop, a few of the pins broke on the connector. This connector is basically an elbow connecting the pins from the hard
drive to the mobo. I have done some searching online, and that is part
of an entire hard drive caddy that HP sells, basically its just a little
holster with a ribbon so its easy to extract the drive. The cheapest I
have found it for is $40.00, and I can't justify it since there is
probably less then $.50 in production. The only piece I need is the
elbow, I think that it is a pretty generic piece, with a female end for
the 2.5" pinouts and a male end with the corresponding pins turned 90
degrees. I was wondering if anyone knew where I may be able to come
across this type of thing, or if it is common and people have some laying
around.

Have you considered looking for a short ribbon cable with the appropriate ends instead on the "elbow"?

--
Bob Bell