> I'm curious - is there anyone here who expects total privacy with the
> address they use to post here?  If I were a spammer I'd subscribe to

Hahahaha.  :-(

I wish I had a nickel for everytime the email privacy/mail archive/etc
issue was rehashed & beaten to death.  You could look in the archives
for the history.....

Seriously, if you can remove all email addresses from the archive, I'd
bet you'd solve 90% of the problems people have with creating an
archive.

The other 10% will beat the topic to death with (a few) real and (many
many many ) hypothetical situations until you give up in frustration.

A way around this might be a poll that put the archive idea to a vote,
then go with the majority.  Then put that in the charter so we can end
these debates by pointing at the charter.